Digital Pune Hackathon 2015, was a unique innovation competition followed by 30 hours non-stop Hackathon to identify new, disruptive and sustainable digital innovations for solving current challenges of Pune city. It was organized by Persistent Systems Ltd., Sakal Media Group & i4c and important Pune establishments like Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL) Pune, Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA), Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Ltd. (PMPML), Maharashtra Police (Pune), Persistent Computing Institute (PCI) and National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT) are the supporting partners.
Computer Science/ ENTC under-graduate and post-graduate students were targeted from approximately 60+ colleges within Pune. These young innovators had to code together to build smart applications to address major problems in Power, Water & Sanitation, Education, Public Health, Transportation and Citizen Security.
- First Hackathon of its kind for Colleges in Pune
- 300+ entries from across colleges within 15 days
- 28 digital innovations selected for 30 hour non-stop Hackathon
- Real time solutions for current challenges of Pune
- Active participation and inputs from Government Agencies
- All working together to build a Smart Pune and ultimately a better progressive India